Looking for a spiritually enriching vacation? The Buddha-Circuit with its pious Buddhist centres and holy monasteries is perfect for reviving the mind, body and soul.
Spread far and wide, covering these destinations in one journey can be quite challenging but not if you get onboard The Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train, a special train that is an ode to the life of Buddha. And these destinations are not only defined by their association with Lord Buddha but are also treasure troves of history, art, architecture, heritage and culture. One such location that has caught the fancy of tourists, archaeologists, historians and scholars is Nalanda, the ancient seat of knowledge. A quaint hamlet in Bihar, it houses one of the world’s oldest and finest residential universities, the Nalanda University. Steeped in history and wrapped in a wisp of spirituality, it is one of the many exciting destinations of The Buddhist Train’s itinerary. If you want to unearth the magic of more such places across India, then the land of myths and mystics awaits. Here’s how you can book a Delhi-to-Nalanda-Tour-Package :
- Start by visiting the official website of IRCTC’s Buddhist Circuit Tourist train i.e. www.irctcbuddhisttrain.com.
- Go to the top right corner of the homepage and click on the icon ‘Book Now’.
- You will be redirected to the ‘Book Your Ticket’ section of the website.
- To book your Delhi to Nalanda tour package, you can select Delhi as your boarding location on day 1 and any city on the itinerary after Nalanda as your deboarding station.
- Then enter the tour date, class and number of guests and select ‘Book Now’.
- Choose your preferred currency, then log in as an IRCTC or guest user.
- Once you enter all the passenger details, you can review your booking.
- If you are satisfied with it, you can complete the booking by selecting a suitable payment mode.
Although you can book part-journeys on the Buddhist train such as a Delhi to Nalanda tour package or a Delhi to Lumbini tour package, a wholesome and satisfying experience only comes when you take the entire journey. Spread over 8 days and 7 nights, the itinerary has such beautiful destinations and handpicked experiences that missing even a single one would be a shame. Awarded with the prestigious ‘National Tourism Award’ by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in 2009, the train continues to offer an inspiring journey that is equal parts exciting and relaxing. There are several Buddhist heritage trails but what makes this journey by IRCTC so extraordinary is the warm hospitality displayed by the team and the exclusive train features that take the ride to a whole new level. Let’s highlight some of the train’s world-class amenities:
- Exclusive air-conditioned train designed especially for the Buddhist trail
- State-of-the-art kitchen and dining car facility onboard
- Immaculate coaches for accommodation with modern washroom facilities
- Availability of automatic foot massager and mini-library
- Private security guards, CCTV cameras, electronic safe and smoke detectors
That’s not all. When you book the Buddha and his dhamma tour, the package not only includes train travel but a host of other things as well such as:
- Road transportation by comfortable AC deluxe coaches
- Delicious meals onboard and off-board as per the itinerary
- Overnight stays at luxurious hotels
- Round-the-clock services of expert tour managers and IRCTC officials
- Services of an excellent tour guide
- Entrance fee of monuments and heritage sites included in the itinerary
- Travel insurance cover at no additional cost
The journey really has it all. If you can’t wait to book a tour package for the 2020-21 season, then we have something special in store for you.
Special Promo Offer: Pay for One and Your Companion Pays 50%* Only
*Terms and Conditions apply
An exciting offer for Indian nationals including NRI, PIO and OCI, it is subject to availability of berths and valid for select departures only. So, don’t let this opportunity slide and surprise your travel companion with a journey that is truly magical. For offer details, click here.