If you are in search of the most exciting and satisfying Buddhist tour, then your search ends here with IRCTC’s exclusive Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train. A deluxe train, it connects all the famous Buddhist tourist places not only in India but also Nepal. From Lord Buddha’s place of birth to the site he attained enlightenment, every pilgrim spot is covered by this unique train.
Here are the destinations that are part of this train’s beautiful journey.
- Bodhgaya: The place where Buddhism originated, Bodhgaya is one of the foremost pilgrimage sites for Buddhists. Nestled in a quiet nook of Bihar and sprawling with peaceful Buddhist temples and monasteries, it offers a quiet retreat away from the noise of the bustling cities.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Mahabodhi Temple, Thai Temple, Japanese Temple, Buddha Statue
- Rajgir: A famous tourist place in Bihar, a scenic hill town and the former capital of Magadh, Rajgir is the place where Lord Buddha set in motion his second wheel of law while spending several seasons meditating and preaching in this picturesque place.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Bimbimsara Jail, Gridhakut hill, Venuvan
- Nalanda: The ‘Ancient Seat of Knowledge’, Nalanda was the most renowned Mahavihara of ancient times and even today offers a vibrant substance of spirituality, history, culture, architecture, and tourism.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Nalanda University & Nalanda Museum
- Sarnath: The place where Lord Buddha delivered his first sermon and laid the foundation of his order of monks, Sarnath houses several significant historic and religious structures, many of which were built by his ardent devotee, Emperor Ashoka.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Dhamekh Stupa, Sarnath Museum, Ashokan Pillar, Mulgandha Kuti Vihar
- Varanasi: Traditionally not a part of the Buddhist circuit map, Varanasi or the ‘Spiritual Capital of India’ is one of the oldest living cities in the world.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Ganga Ghat
- Lumbini: The birthplace of Prince Siddhartha, Lumbini in Nepal still preserves the archaeological remains associated with the birth of Lord Buddha, making it a well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Maya Devi Temple & Ashokan Pillar
- Kushinagar: The site where Lord Buddha gave up his mortal remains and went into the ultimate state of nirvana or ‘Mahaparinirvana’, Kushinagar is an international Buddhist pilgrimage center in Uttar Pradesh.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Mahaparinirvan Temple, Rambhar Stupa, Mata Kutir Temple
- Sravasti: One of the sixth largest cities in India during the time of Gautama Buddha, Sravasti has many old structures, relics, stupas, and viharas that are associated with Lord Buddha.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Jetvana Vihara, Pakki Kuti, Sehat Mahet
- Agra: The historic city that needs no introduction, Agra has secured a spot on the Buddhist tour itinerary with IRCTC’s Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train because it houses the world-famous Taj Mahal, an architectural marvel that is a must-visit by every tourist.
Tourist Attractions Included in the Itinerary: Taj Mahal
If you have always wanted to visit Buddhist tourist places, Buddhist places in India, and other significant Buddhism places, then this journey is perfect for you! To get started with your booking, visit the official website on www.irctcbuddhisttrain.com.